Tausaga Fou

It's long overdue that I update my blog. We did a lot since my last entry. Hubby was quite busy on the phones when we got back from the desert to find us a place to stay in Salalah. We had decided to go to Salalah for New Year's plus we hadn't been there before. So hubby found a villa at the Crowne Plaza with 3 bedrooms for a very good price that we started packing right away for our trip the very next day. Tau, his nana and I were to fly down the following afternoon while hubby, his dad and the kids were to drive the 1000kms down early the next morning.
We landed in Salalah at about 2pm and what a sight it was. It was very green it was just like being back home. I was so surprised and immediately warmed to the place. Moreover the drive from the airport was like that from Faleolo airport to Satapuala with rows after rows of coconuts trees on both sides of the road. We checked in and as I was so tired we just went to the villa relaxed and tried to have a nap. Didn't succeed but went to have a look around the hotel grounds which was just beautiful. Hubby and the rest of the family arrived later in the afternoon after 8 and a 1/2 hours of driving down the desolate and barren road to Salalah. We went enjoyed the sunset on the beach. Later in the evening hubby and the family went out to see the markets and do some shopping for dinner. I put Tau to sleep and in the process I went to bed as well as I was exhausted from lack of sleep the night before due to Tau's teething. Hubby woke me for dinner but I valued sleep more at that point and didn't want to leave the bed. Anyway I woke up at 12.30am to find hubby fast asleep and the whole house was quiet. I found everyone else had slept through to New Year's day! The next day we wished everyone a happy New Year and skipped to the beach to bask in the sun. Tau stayed with his nana and they came to the beach later. I had such a lovely time. Everyday involved a bit of sightseeing in the morning before going to the beach for a swim and some sun.

Alex with niece Grace and nephew Caleb having a break during their drive down to Salalah.
Tau relaxing on the lawn near our rented fale.
Tau after we visited Job's Tomb.
Beautiful scenery all around Salalah
Us at the pool side about to have a swim.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Samaga Pe'a

Fagu'u / Samoan oil

Jebel Sifa beauty