Back to Reality 2014

Tau started back at school yesterday. Now he is Grade one. When we arrived, his best friend was already in class and some of his other mates from last year were there too. So immediately he sat on the mat with the others and didn't bother to say goodbye to me. I had to go to him to say bye. I got the class schedule and it was swimming day yesterday so I went back to school 2 hours later to drop off his swimming gear and the teacher commented that he was doing really well as if he had always been there! phew...is all I can say. I was expecting him to hang onto me a bit longer like he did in Wellington. During our time in NZ I put him in Year one there so he could spend time with his peers. I guess because they were all new faces he wasn't too keen for me to leave. I stayed for about 10 minutes the first morning until he was comfortable but after that he was okay except he kept complaining that he didn't want to go. So I'm relieved that he's happy to return to his school here in Muscat. Hooray to little victories.

The hubby has returned to the gym and this wifey had my coffee with girlfriends yesterday morning...Yep the settling back home had begun. I guess it's complete when I went to the salon today for some much needed pampering. Yes I think we're back now to routine. Choo hoo. It's tough being an expat, that's for sure. I just need to take my pepeboy to playgroup then all will be good. His normal playgroup is shut this week so next week is mummy and pepe time. In the meantime am loving being back to my own house with the house girl in it... choo hoo


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Samaga Pe'a

Fagu'u / Samoan oil

Jebel Sifa beauty