ABA Cultural Food Fair

Back in Muscat after 5 weeks in Samoa and New Zealand. Had a nice enough time catching up with family. 
Yesterday ABA had a cultural food fair so made pani popo (sweet coconut buns) for the Samoa stall. We shared a stall with Australia, NZ and Fiji. There are lots of Aussies at the school so they came out full force with loads of food and Fiji and I had a little corner to sell kokoda(oka-lime cooked raw fish and kasava) and pagipopo for ours. I'm glad to say that I've aced the recipe off samoafood.com. I divide it even further to make 24 buns instead of 12 so I do 2 doughs and end up with 48 buns which is great. It's the right size for people to buy at the fair to 'try' and not be filled by one whole Samoan sized bun. So of course for us we need 3 of those little ones heh heh. Anyway my son used most of tokens to go buy it from our stall! So I guess it's nice that he likes his mum's baking! Otherwise I had spring rolls and meat dumplings in Korea. My little one loved the spring rolls from there. I had tea in England and pagipopo from Samoa, oh and I had my main veal gulasch from Hungary. Just loved it, people dressing up in their country costumes and performances by kids and adults from around the world. I think these international events are great for cultural awareness for the kids.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Samaga Pe'a

Fagu'u / Samoan oil

Jebel Sifa beauty