Purpose?

What is our role in life? I think of this a lot when we encounter other people. I sometimes question our purpose in life. What do we all strive for? Happiness? Reaching a common good of some sort?
But what is happiness?
The definition of happiness may not be the same for everyone. Is it owning a house and a car? Is it having a family and a secure full time job? Is it travelling all over the world? Is it being around people that matter to one the most? Is it following ones dreams and reaching ones goals? Will that bring happiness? Or is just the journey through life that is?
I wonder sometimes if I'm happy. Other times I'm totally content with life and appreciate my place or role in life and others I question my contentedness whether it is a false sense of happiness.
I have had these feelings since I could wonder and ponder about life. I used to escape to our untended backyard where the grass was almost as tall as I was and lie under the guava or banana trees and wonder about it all. Sometimes as I observe the stars at night I would wonder what was out there for me. I wonder if I've stopped looking forward and am just living in the moment? Or am I living in the future and not in the moment? Well I don't know I can't really say for sure. All I know is these thoughts cross my mind sometimes.
I encounter others and their life experiences, their future ambitions or lack thereof and I wonder about their lives too whether they are truly happy or are they in search of something else? Are they living in the moment, living for others or doing so because it makes one happy?
Or do I just think too much and not just enjoy life as it is?

Comments

Fotu said…
I think about it too girl. I even used to do the whole lying down looking at the stars thing. Except I used to lie on top of our kage vai coz the cement was always nice and warm. :)

It's not that we're unhappy with life, I just think it's good ask ourselves sometimes.

Hope alls well in Oman.
x

Popular posts from this blog

Samaga Pe'a

Fagu'u / Samoan oil

Jebel Sifa beauty