Fragility that's life.

I went to work last night and was told that one of our colleagues got hit by a car last weekend and was barely alive at ICU at a local hospital. They said he was suffering from broken bones and was brain damaged. I just got a call first thing this morning that Kieren didn't make it through the night.
It's so surreal and so so sad. May he rest in peace.
Just a few months ago he told me he dozed off on the couch at work and woke up gasping for air. He said it really rattled him and it made him realise how we could go at any minute. I suggested he does something to relax or get away for a while. He then said that he'd already booked a flight home to England to see his family on holiday before returning to work. He'd been back to work for a few months and he'd just booked a holiday to India for December!!! Some of us at work were well aware that he was on a mission to do as much as he could. He was also trying new things like meditation and other forms of relaxation. Knowing this I feel that he was literally living life to the fullest and making the most of it.
I pray for his family. I pray that he didn't suffer much pain. I will miss him in the staff room, how he sits in one corner and quietly contributes to the conversations. He rode a bike to work in shorts and a t-shirt and we started calling him superman because he'd disappear into the bathroom and come out all dressed-up ready to teach. It is simply sad and it really reminds me again of just how fragile life really is.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Samaga Pe'a

Fagu'u / Samoan oil

Jebel Sifa beauty