Tauilagi James arrives with a bang

Managed a smile in between contractions. My beautiful family trying to make light of the situation. Day four.

At long last

"This is not Guatemala now Dr Ropata."lol Alex was told to don the scrubs for the operation but looking at these photos later I couldn't help but laugh at how he also donned a supervising Doc's attitude with the way he stood their with hands behind his back in the recovery room. hilarious nice going Dr. Ropata.

Proud daddy dresses our son for the first time. Note the words on the beanie lol

The short of it. I went into labour in the early hours of Saturday June 14th which happened to be an All Blacks test day. Adidas have an ad that if a baby is born on an AB test day they get an AB jersey not that I gave a hoot but hubby and Uncle Gui were counting downt the hours as the 14th came to a close. Thanks very much Tau decided not to entertain daddy's wishes lol. Saturday afternoon we went to the clinic hoping to have a baby by the late afternoon well Tau had other plans. I was in labour all day and all through the night. Sat in the warm bath for three hours until I was all wrinkly. Left the pool and went to the bed. From bed to the bathroom where there was chair to sit and be near the toilet for my millionth toilet visits. Finally asked for the gas. Went off the gas on Sunday afternoon. Went for a walk in town in the midst of contractions and then walked up and down some stairs on a nearby street, was then given some highly potent disgusting homeopathic potion to drink to hurry up the labour....still nothing. Was checked and found was only 2 cm dilated!!! Went back home on Sunday evening for a change of scene. Had a warmth bath, warm shower.... Went through the night without sleep and toilet visits. Next day same thing..trying to relax through the pain. Midwife came around checked baby's heartbeat and all's well and Tau was happy!!! Monday night still the same I was near exhaustion and decided that by morning if nothing happened we're off to the hospital. Tuesday morning at 7am we went to the hospital. Finally given pathedine to get some rest. Only snatched less than an hour's sleep to be awoken again by the familiar labour contractions. They decided to break my water but only managed to squeeze me in at 3pm. They did so... two hours later....still no baby. Decided on labour induction drug oxitocin which they administered. More pain and two hours later still nothing and hardly any dilation. The nurse checked and was baffled by the slow progress and the shape of cervix!!! Finally gave in and asked for an epidural as I was just exhausted with no energy left to push even a grapefruit. After 3 pokes along my spine the Dr finally got the epidural going and I was in lala land. The head surgeon came in and explained that after epidural the oxitocin will be turned on again and then that should dilate the cervix and have a baby by morning. Oxitocin was turned on and the machines started beeping eerily as baby's heartrate started to plummet. Red Alert and all the doctors rushed back in with the head surgeon explaining that a caesarian was necessary to avoid putting baby in any more danger. I nodded and signed papers and 30 minutes later I was wheeled into the operating room. Less than 30 minutes later the welcome screams of baby Tauilagi were heard in the operating room as I watched the nurses took him to be cleaned amidst Alex's oohing and ahhhing "he's huge, he's got big hands oh my gosh he's massive". lol. They sewed me back up and off we went to the recovery room where my long awaited stubborn Tauilagi was placed in my numb arms and chest as I tried to fight the cobwebs and focus on him. And all I felt was 'thank God Almighty he's free at last' and yep there really was a baby after all.


its just moi said…
omg mega...this is eerily word for word wat hppened to me!!!malo lava for getting thru it all!!

Popular posts from this blog

Samaga Pe'a

Fagu'u / Samoan oil